- Daniel D Rathbun (*1810 - †1862)
- Margaret Ann Gardner (*1813 - †1894)
- Sarah Elizabeth Allen (*1840 - †1910)
a) ALFRED R. RATHBUN, born April 14, 1841, in Athens County, Ohio. He served in the 109th Indiana Regiment during the Civil War, and was married May 14, 1864, in Randolph County, Indiana, to Sarah Elizabeth Allen, born April 12, 1840, daughter of Trowbridge and Charlotte Sophia (Scriver) Allen. They lived in Jay County, Indiana, where he died Jan. 12, 1873. She was married on Aug. 2, 1873, to William P. Lewis, who died four years later on Nov. 12, 1877. She was then married on Dec. 24, 1884, to William Darst, who died two years later. At the age of 44, she had lost three husbands. She died Aug. 25, 1910, at Redkey, Indiana.
ULYSSES GRANT, born April 14, 1865; married Eleanor S. Lindley.
LlDA BELL, born Sept. 3, 1866 (?); died Nov. 8,1874.
ALLEN CLARK, born May 7, 1867; died April 1, 1959, unmarried.
OZRO GUAY, born in Feb. 1870; married Pearl Engle.
ALFRED LEWIS, born May 4, 1873; he became a school teacher in Farmer City, Illinois, and in 1894 at the end of the winter school term, went to Paris, Illinois, to work with his brother Allen selling children's encyclopedias. He suffered an attack of appendicitis on Feb. 12, 1894, and died a few hours later, aged 21, of a ruptured appendix.
- 14 Apr 1841
- Athens County, Ohio
- 14 May 1864
- (Sarah Elizabeth Allen)
- 12 Jan 1873
- Jay County, Indiana
1) Frank H. Rathbun, Editor and Publisher, The Rathbun-Rathbone-Rathburn Family Historian (Name: Published quarterly by the Rathbun Family Association;), Volume 15, Number 1, Pge 19, Spring 1995. Source Medium: Magazine
2) Jay County, Indiana, "Index to Marriage Records 1850-1920," database, Ancestry�(www.ancestry.com : accessed 26 Jan 2010), Alfred R. Rathbun and Sarah E. Allen; Ancestry.com; Source: Randolph County Indiana
3) Frank H. Rathbun, Editor and Publisher, The Rathbun-Rathbone-Rathburn Family Historian (Name: Published quarterly by the Rathbun Family Association;), Volume 15, Number 1, Pge 19, Spring 1995. Source Medium: Magazine